- Use of Information Collected The Company uses Data About Bluemeric Customers to perform the services requested. The Company may also use Data About Bluemeric Customers for marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events. Bluemeric uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective Customers and to collect payment for the Services. Bluemeric uses Website Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company’s Website. The Company may also use Website Navigational Information alone or in combination with Data About Bluemeric Customers to provide personalized information about the Company. Employee Data is only used for the for the purposes of facilitating the performance of certain administrative tasks and functions relating to general employment and for processing and investigating reports under the Company’s codes and policies ( “Employee Data Purposes”).
- Website Navigational Information Bluemeric may use commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as you navigate the Company’s Website (“Website Navigational Information”). This section describes the types of Website Navigational Information that may be collected on the Company’s Website and how this information may be used.
- Web Beacons - Bluemeric may use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Company’s Website and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Website tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a Website tied to the Web beacon. For example, Bluemeric may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify the Company when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of the Company’s Website. Bluemeric uses Web beacons to operate and improve the Company’s Website and email communications. Bluemeric may use information from Web beacons in combination with Data About Bluemeric Customers to provide you with information about the Company and the Services.
- Flash Cookies - Bluemeric may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom the Company partners to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
- IP Addresses - When you visit Bluemeric’s Website, the Company may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, Bluemeric may uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Company’s Website.
- Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials Bluemeric may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Website. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Bluemeric is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. Customers and Visitors may elect to use the Company’s referral program to inform friends about the Company’s Website. When using the referral program, the Company requests the friend’s name and email address. Bluemeric will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company’s Website. Bluemeric does not store this information. Bluemeric may post a list of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Website that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Bluemeric obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- Communications Preferences; Opt Out Policy Bluemeric offers Customers and Visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to info [at] bluemeric [dot] com. If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice. Please contact us as specified herein.
- Correcting and Updating Your Information Customers may view, update or change their registration information by logging in to their accounts at www.goPaddle.io. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be handled within 30 days.
- Change of Control As Bluemeric develops its business, it may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Data About Bluemeric Customers is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. Bluemeric may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.